PRLog (Press Release) – Feb 15, 2011 – New York City – A recently launched executive conference designed to explore the fast-growing Latin America professional services offshoring market has sold out of sponsorships, only three months after the conference was announced. The conference, scheduled April 26, 2011 in Jersey City, New Jersey, features nearly two dozen leading global IT/BPO outsourcing authorities.
Conference organizer Kirk Laughlin, who is also founder and editorial director of the online blog, Nearshore Americas, says the tremendous sponsorship response is not surprising given how many U.S. businesses are reconsidering their investments in offshore destinations, like India and the Philippines. These executives are increasingly viewing Latin America as a viable alternative or complement to their existing outsourcing activities. “We hear it all the time – US businesses want outsourcing partners who have both a cultural savviness and a capacity to recommend creative solutions to some of their most vexing business-process challenges. Latin America is on the radar because of the value the region has to offer.”
Key conference highlights include:
• The Future of Enterprise Software: One of the brightest futurists on SaaS and Cloud services – Ray Wang, CEO of Constellation Research, forecasts how IT operations can seize new advantages in software development
• IT Offshoring and Cloud Services: Dr. Jerry Luftman, Distinguished Professor at Stevens Institute of Technology and a Nationally Respected Authority on IT human capital, presents a “State of IT Offshoring Report” and moderates a panel on cloud’s influence on sourcing and services.
• What Really Matters for Buyers of Offshore/Nearshore Services: John Parkinson, Global Sourcing Chief at Axis Capital, provides a firsthand account of IT offshoring and the influence cultural familiarity has on outsourcing relationships.
The full-day conference will provide also deliver a comprehensive analysis of such issues as agile software development trends, the influence of Brazil on the global IT services ecosystem and a CIO-driven examination of how to build successful outsourced services partnerships.
Other featured expert speakers include:
• Jamie McClellan, CIO, J. Walter Thompson
• Enzo Micali, CIO, Harris Interactive
• Nicole Brouillard, SVP, CIO Chubb Personal Insurance
• Robbie Brillhart, Vice President, BPO, Capgemini
• David Shpilberg, Vice Chairman, CPM Braxis
• Ankur Prakash, COO, Tata Consultancy Services, Latin America
• Dawn Evans, CEO of Sourcing Interests Group
• Jane Siegel, PH.D, Senior Scientist, Carnegie Mellon Silicon Valley and Director, ITSqc
Nearshore Nexus is an invitation only event. Qualified, buy-side technology, finance, business-process executives are invited to attend the conference at no charge by registering here. Consultants, advisors and country-promotion officials are invited to attend at a cost of $295.
To register or for more information on Nearshore Nexus, visit: http://www.nearshorenexus.com
To participate in the Nearshore Nexus linkedin group discussion, visit: LinkedIn Nexus
Members of the press and bloggers are invited to inquire about obtaining an invitation, by contact the event staff at: email@example.com