Nearshore Americas

Argentina’s Cessi Forecasts 16% Growth in IT Exports in 2014

Argentina’s IT industry association Cessi expects the country’s IT export revenue to grow 16% in 2014. The Association’s Vice President Diego Berardo made this prediction in an interview with BNamericas.

Berardo has also said that he expects the sector to reach $875 million in 2013, an increase of 17% from 2012.

The South American country, whose software firms such as Belatrix and Making Sense are expanding rapidly in the United States, is training a large number of students in IT services skills.

Argentina’s software industry registered more than 10% growth in 2012, and Cessi says the sector is on its way to generating $7.33 billion annually by 2020.

Cessi has announced partnership agreements with its Colombian counterpart Fedsoft and Brazil’s Softex, while launching offices across the region and promising to support domestic IT services firms to expand overseas.

About 75,000 people are currently employed in the industry, but Cessi hopes that the sector will have generated more than 100,000 jobs by 2020.

There are about 3,600 IT firms, around 60% of which are located in the capital, Buenos Aires, with the remaining 40% based in other provinces, mainly in Córdoba, San Luis and Santa Fe.

Sign up for our Nearshore Americas newsletter:

Cessi also predicts that the country’s IT sector will be generating $ 2.9 billion in annual service export revenue by 2020.

Narayan Ammachchi

News Editor for Nearshore Americas, Narayan Ammachchi is a career journalist with a decade of experience in politics and international business. He works out of his base in the Indian Silicon City of Bangalore.

Add comment