Nearshore Americas is proud to announce the official launch of the 2022 Nexus Illuminate Awards, celebrating the very best in Nearshore services.
The Nexus Illuminate Awards exist for for one vitally important reason: if the Nearshore industry is going to be better appreciated and understood during this period of digital transformation and pandemic-led boom, we have to do a better job of holding up and applauding the unique achievements of individuals, companies, and locations that are having a profoundly positive influence on the Nearshore IT/BPO marketplace.
A Nexus Illuminate Award will be given to winners in five different categories, including:
Nearshore Executive of the Year
Nearshore City of the Year
Nearshore Entrepreneur of the Year
Nearshore Company of the Year
Nearshore Investment Promotions Professional of the Year
There is no fee to participate, but there are rules outlined below. Award winners will be announced and honored during an Opening Night Ceremony at Nexus 2022 in New York City, June 8 and featured on Nearshore Americas shortly thereafter.
Owing to the pandemic, the Nexus Illuminate Awards was last held in 2019. That year, ibex won Company of the Year having recently expanded its footprint into Jamaica and Nicaragua, as well as growth in the US and Philippines. Medellín scooped the Nearshore City of the Year award for its superb innovation spirit that, combined with political and economic continuity, had brought a serious upswing in investment to the city.
Other winners included Simón Borrero, Felipe Villamarin and Sebastian Mejia, all food delivery startup Rappi, in the Entrepreneur of the Year category, while Executive of the Year was claimed by Agustina Fainguersch, then CEO of Wolox and now working in an executive position at Meta. Other winners included Tata Consultancy Services for Trendsetter of the Year, and Antonio Carambula, Executive Director of Uruguay XXI, for the Nearshore Investment Professional of the Year. Judging the nominations will be the Editorial Team at Nearshore Americas.
Before making your nominations, we encourage you to read our guidelines carefully. Our team is not available to “hand hold” during nominations, so we have tried to make the process as self-explanatory as possible.
- Judging will be guided by factors that include: the magnitude of impact of the nominee’s work; the quality of their achievements; the unique influence their activities have had on the larger nearshore industry; and the methods used to elevate performance inside and outside of their organizations. Above all, the judges will be seeking to select winners whose activities have elevated and “illuminated” the nearshore services industry.
- Nominees are not permitted to nominate themselves; a third party must submit the nominations.
- We will accept one nomination per person, per category. (In other words, do not submit multiple nominations for the same person in the same category.)
- Submissions must be received no later than April 30, 2022.
- When filling in the nominations: We recommend being specific, providing insights, data, or other means to communicate the value and impact of the nominee. Attention should be given to the nominee’s impact in the recent past. In other words, achievements from multiple years earlier will have less relevance to the judges.
- It is not necessary to submit nominations in all categories. Scroll through and advance to the section where you want to submit a nomination, and then scroll to the end and submit your own name and contact information. (In other words, you can make a nomination in only one or two categories if you so choose).
- We believe in keeping things fair: Therefore the Nearshore Americas team and judges are not available to answer questions about the process or evaluation. Do your best — and make your submission count!
Good luck to all nominees and we’ll see you at Nexus 2022.